Achieving Our Purpose
All initiatives of COHF focus on ensuring equal opportunities for the marginalised and disadvantage group through improved access to basic services and social, economic and political opportunities. As a strategy, COHF utilises and builds on the existing local capacity, explore innovative approaches (including use of modern technology) and enhance accessibility and utilization of humanitarian and development services through advocacy and campaigns.
COHF will work with like-minded organizations, community structures and relevant government agencies and key stakeholders in the attaining its mission and vision and delivery of services to the target communities.
Humanitarian Emergency and Development Programs
- Health and Nutrition Programs – Maternal & Child Health and Nutrition programs focusing on young child feeding program, Emergency Food security and livelihood intervention focusing on social safety nets, and HIV and Aids program focusing on Care for Child Development (CCD) and nutrition initiatives.
- Resilience Program – Sustainable food security and livelihood program of marginalised communities focusing on strengthening and building on community- led solutions, enhancing coping mechanism and mitigating the effect of climate change.
- Governance/Gender Equality Program – Empower and create a space for women, and youth to advocate for their rights and strengthen their social organisations. This program focuses on Women economic and political empowerment, reproductive health rights concentrating on FGM and teenage pregnancy, and women and youth in combating of violence extremist with focus on the prevention measures.
- Education Program: Access, Quality and Girl Child Education – This program will focus on increasing access to quality Basic Education/Alternative Education Program (AEP) for children. AEP will in particular target children who miss out of formal education due to conflict related challenges (IDPs, Refugees/Returnees) or marginalized groups such as nomadic communities. Emphasis will be given to promoting participation of girl child in basic education.
- Cross Cutting Themes – Gender mainstreaming, Protection, Campaign and Advocacy, Research, Community Behavior Change and Communication (CBCC) and Capacity building (Communities and State Agencies).
- Anti- human trafficking and child sexual exploitation – Awareness raising on issues of trafficking in persons and sexual exploitation at cross borders of Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia.